Monday, November 12, 2012

What to say when you reach out to people


As business owners, we write emails ALL. THE. TIME. In fact, sometimes, I feel like my business IS writing emails. It helps to have a few templates in the back of your pocket for emails that you may be writing a bunch. 

Here are two kinds of emails that I've found to be particularly popular.Remember, these are just suggestions. Below each script, I map out the structure of the email, so that you're welcomed and encouraged to use your own wording and tone. 

Hope you find these to be helpful and that you no longer experience the "what do I say" panic moving forward. 

Announcing your business 
** you can also use this template if you are changing your business a bit or adding a new service to what you currently offer**

Subject line: Exciting news! 

Hi NAME, 

I'm so excited to write to you today as I have big news to share with you. As you may know, I started my own professional organizing business in 2007. I had absolutely no idea how to start or grow my business, and I had to teach myself, step by step. Over the past few years, I've worked with hundreds of clients, been featured on TV and in national magazines, and I'm happy to say that it's been a huge success!

It wasn't the easiest of journeys, however, and I've met lots of women during this time who were in the same boat. And many still are. Starting a business is a huge commitment and a big decision to make, and it can feel very scary and daunting. 

With that in mind, I decided that I wanted to start helping those women who were committed to starting and growing their own service-based businesses, but needed the ongoing support, accountability, and guidance to be sure that they dreams would become a reality. 

Today, I want to proudly announce the launch of Embarkability, with the mission to help women start and grow their own successful service-based businesses. I work with women worldwide, from across the street to across the ocean. I've already begun working with amazing clients and the results they're seeing are huge. It's really been a wonderful experience so far. 

Here's where you come in. Would you please keep your eyes and ears open should you know someone who would benefit from working with me? I would love to connect with them! I offer 30 minute complimentary strategy sessions to learn more about their goals and see how I might be able to help them moving forward. 

Thanks in advance for your support and any introductions you're able to make in the near future!

All the best,
Jordana

Recap of Formula: 

1. Remind them of what's been going on in your life/business
2. Let them know how it's been going
3. The inspiration behind the new business/additional service
4. The announcement and purpose/mission of the new business/additional service
5. Ask for their help (describe your ideal client and how you help them)
6. Thank them in advance for any support they might be able to offer


Reaching out to potential referral partner

Subject line: Would love to connect with you!

Hi NAME, 

I found out about your company online and I wanted to reach out as I think that many of my clients could benefit from your services. In 2010, I created Embarkability with the mission to help women start and grow their own successful service-based businesses. Many of my clients already need or will soon need a SERVICE OF REFERRAL PARTNER to help them take their business to the next level, and I wanted to reach out to see if connecting them with you would be a good fit. 

By the same token, if you have any clients or colleagues who are currently struggling to get clients and make money, I would love to see how I might be able to help them. 

Overall, I would love to learn more about you and your business as I think we could be a great partnership moving forward.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

All the best,
Jordana

Recap of formula: 
1. Let them know how you found them (online, through a friend, etc.)
2. Let them know what you do
3. Let them know why you're reaching out and how you can help them
4. Let them know how they might be able to help you  
5. Emphasize the potential of a great partnership moving forward
 
I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's article! Be sure to leave a comment on Facebook - it's a great way to connect with me and the rest of the Embarkability community.

One more thing. While all of these email templates are straightforward, you will onlysee results if you take action. The key word is action. 
 
Which is probably why you're reading this newsletter today - because you already know that it's difficult to take consistent action when growing your business. With that in mind, Let's set up a 30 minute complimentary Business Strategy Session for you and me to talk about what's going on for you right now, where you want to go, and how you can get there. I believe that you and I have connected for a reason, and that you're reading this today because you want to get to the next level. I only have a limited number of spots available, so be sure to sign up asap. So excited to speak with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment